Saturday, October 6, 2018

Continental

My interest in all things Porsche has led me to Continental. Continental is a German rubber company that really has little to do with Porsche. But Continental does make pretty good race and street car tires and great bicycle tires.

Over the years I've become loyal to this brand too. I now have Continental tires on both my Boxster and Cayenne, on all three Porsche bicycles and even on three of my Adidas running shoes.

I have summer-only ExtremeContact Sport tires on the Boxster and ExtremeContact DWS06 on the Cayenne. The Porsche Bike X road bike has Gatorskins and both Bike S have RaceKing Continental tires.

That's a lot of German rubber on my German equipment. The horse in the Continental logo is even similar to the horse in the Porsche crest. I guess my interest is appropriate. Feels that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...