Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Crash

 

I guess it was bound to happen at some point. I have accumulated probably 4-5,000 miles on my Porsche Bikes … all without a serious crash. Today that streak ended. Riding the 1998 Bike S in my neighborhood, I rounded a corner at speed and noticed an approaching car. I applied the brakes too much locking them up and flew over the handlebars. I landed flat on my chest and head hitting the asphalt. Both knees, hands and shoulders got some road rash and left cheekbone hit pretty hard. I sat there for awhile and then rode home. I got beat up, but the Bike S didn’t look too bad and rode home fine. The seat did get scratched up. Might need to replace it. Hope to recover and get back on the horse quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...