Friday, September 22, 2023

SeaGull Century Bike R endurance test ride


Today was a 100-mile SeaGull Century endurance test for my bike and myself. I wanted to try out everything I could that I'm planning to wear, eat, drink and of course the 1999 Porsche Bike R set up. I rode the Baltimore to Annapolis Rail Trail four times to get 100 miles wearing my yellow Porsche jersey and full bike-matching kit, of course! Since I can't guarantee I'll get food/drink at the rest stops during the October Century ride, I brought along and only needed to eat two Cliff Bars and two Gaterade bottles. So I now know I can make 100 miles with what I can carry, if needed. My kit, my body and the Porsche Bike all performed as well as I could have ever hoped for. If anyone thinks these bikes are toys and not real performance bicycles, Strava said I did one of the B&A out-and-backs 6th fastest of all time. Not bad for a 57 year old dude on a 24 year old bike. Now that I have completed a 100-mile ride on the Bike R, its time to switch to some speed training to finish the final preparation before the October 14 SeaGull Century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...