Friday, August 4, 2023

Porsche Bike R kit

Now that the 1999 Porsche Bike R refresh is nearly complete (still sorting out why I got two flats in one day!) it is time to start organizing a proper kit. Since the Bike R is a darker navy blue/purple color with yellow highlights, I thought I'd use those colors to accessorize. The yellow is a great riding color because it is highly visible to automobile drivers that aren't paying attention ... and of course the Tour de France yellow jersey! So, I ordered a yellow/black helmet, yellow gloves and since all the components on the Bike R are from Shimano, I added a yellow Shimano cycling jersey. I plan to use my Porsche Design Endurance Boost shoes for riding and they are the perfect navy blue color! And last on the list, I am still working on a custom Bike R jersey with both the blue and yellow colors.

My goal is to have all this ordered and tested by September and ride in the Seagull Century ride mid-October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...