Thursday, October 21, 2021

Bike Spyder #37 coming to the USA!

In what has been an amazing personal experience in my Porsche-life, I have organized the purchase of the Weissach Bike Spyder 37/200 from the bike's first and only owner in Germany. I had help from a new friend and son of the person that created the original Porsche Bike Spyder 9.85 prototype. Ten PCA members combined our efforts to fund this purchase and I led the communication with the seller. The money was wired and my new friend is picking up the bike tomorrow. Our team's goal is to set up a photo shoot with this bike, the prototype and the gentlemen responsible for the first Porsche bicycle. The photos will end up with a story about Porsche Bikes in an upcoming Porsche Panorama magazine. Once the photos are taken, we're planning to ship the bike from Europe to the US and display the Bike Spyder #37 at the PCA National office for all to see. We'll include pages from the May 1991 Christophorus magazine that features the prototype Bike Spyder in the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...