Friday, October 8, 2021

More Bike Spyder

 

Now that I know more about the limited production 1993-1994 Bike Spyder, I'm finding more listings on German listing websites. This one states:

"Small series constructed by ex-Porsche Chief Development Officer Dr. Ulrich Bez. Frame with production number 33/60 of the second series. Built in 1994 in Weissach by bike dealer Thomas Menzel."

This is the second reference I have discovered about Dr. Bez's involvement in the first Porsche bicycle. The "second series" reference is a first I've read. The listing says 33 of 60. But the plaque on the head tube says 33 of 200. I believe only 200 were made and I've now located numbers 33 and 37 of the 200 produced.

It's great to find more and more history of Porsche Bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...