Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Cayenne has new shoes

The only thing better than new shoes is getting new rims and tires! I was able to pick up a used set of Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia style rims and winter tires. I have never had a second set of rims and tires for winter. I thought it would be nice to have and these rims are the perfect choice for winter driving.

Back in 2008 at the Mondial de l'Automobile de Paris, Porsche unveiled a special edition of the popular SUV that was named the Cayenne S Transsyberia. Porsche designed the vehicle to commemorate the Cayenne S's success in the Trans-Siberian Rally. This gruelling endurance race is held over two weeks, during which competitors cross the 7,000 kilometres between Russia and Mongolia on secondary roads only.

It seems only fitting to add these to my car during the winter to deal with the crazy rough Maryland roads and snowy conditions. Each winter I'll have my own Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...