Sunday, October 13, 2019

Bike FS and Bike S comparison

After wrapping up Dennis' Porsche Bike FS refurbish project, which included new fork elastomers, new brake rotors, calibers, levers, new grip shifters and cables and new tires and tubes, I took it out for a short ride and compared it to my 1998 Porsche Bike S. Both bikes are similar with the key differences being the disc brakes and rear shock on the Bike FS. The Bike FS costs more and is more rare than the Bike S, but both ride well. Dennis' Bike FS is now riding, braking, turning and shifting so smoothly, I want to spend some time refurbishing mine again! I do need a new rear cassette and chain for sure as the Bike FS is shifting smoother and quieter than the Bike S.

1 comment:

  1. This is great news, well done Jim! I also would like to replace sameway you did on Denis FS. Please recommend me what do I need to purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...