Thursday, November 7, 2019

Porsche 917 LH "Hippy" in Pennsylvania

Driving up to New Jersey to hand off Dennis' rebuild 1998 Porsche Bike FS, I stopped in Pennsylvania to see the famous and ultra rare 1970 Porsche 917 LH "Hippy" race car. This is one of three long tail 917 prototypes ever built. This car finished second at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and was shown in the Steve McQueen Le Mans film. I found out this car was at the Simeone Auto Museum and have been trying to get over to see it ever since. This is one beautiful car! I even brought along my new Hot Wheels Porsche 917 LH with matching livery to use in the photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...