Sunday, June 14, 2020

Patuxent Wildlife Refuge ride

Needing to increase my mileage and riding frequency to attempt the Chesapeake and Ohio Towpath ride later this fall, I went to the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge for my third day in a row bike ride. Looking for more suitable places to ride, I came across this wildlife area near my house. It was near perfect riding conditions with great weather and very few cars in this natural preserve. The only thing keeping it from perfect was the “wildlife loop” road wasn’t actually a loop. So I had to do a bunch of out and backs to get the mileage I wanted. Still, all in all this was a great ride today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...