Friday, April 8, 2022

355-mile Erie Canal Trail fall 2022?

Early planning stages for another possible Porsche Bike team long distance adventure ride. This time I’m looking at the 355-mile Erie Canal Trail. Since fall seems to be the best time, weather wise and for proper training time, I think October makes sense. The ECT is part of the Empire State Trail system and includes canal towpath, rail trail and some paved paths. This ride has been on my radar for a little while. When I noticed New York offered a free large-format poster, I ordered one and it’s now on the wall for planning and inspirational purposes.

I’m thinking this would be another good ride for the 2004 Porsche Bike X in “touring mode” like I used last year on the 370-mile C&O/GAP ride. I’ll need to revert the Bike X from “road bike” to “touring” after the W&OD and Mtn Vernon road rides. But that’s have the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...