Thursday, August 3, 2023

New trusty friend

Feeling a little better recovering from bronchitis, I got in a couple more short test rides. Everything is riding well, with the exception of a flat rear tire this morning. I can't determine what caused it, other than speculating the 120 pound air pressure was too much for the 700cx25 tires. It's at the limit of the Continental specs. so maybe when I hit a bump I pinched the tube. I'm just guessing, unfortunately. I'm planning to try 100 psi tomorrow after changing tube post ride.

The 1999 Bike R is 99% finished. Just some frame touch up paint and all done. New cassette is awesome and shifting amazing. So now the road bike has new brake pads and cables, shifters and cables, bar tape, seat, chain and cassette, water bottle, pedals, tires and tubes, saddle bag with Porsche keychain and every bolt and part cleaned. Great shape and rides so smooth and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...