Sunday, April 24, 2016

Porsche Bike S at the Wildflower 65

I rode my 1998 Porsche Bike S today at the Wildflower bike ride in Chico, California. Completing over 60 miles, I achieved a new personal best both in distance and speed on a mixed hill and flat course. I completed 60.14 miles in 4:31:48 with an average speed of 13.3 mph. Since I have found no record of anyone riding a Porsche Bike S that distance, I'm calling this a new record for a Porsche bicycle. The ride started at the Chico Fairgrounds and headed east into the foothills. Honey Run was a steep and narrow section that burned the legs of even the best riders. Next was a series of rolling hills that ended with a steep downhill. My Porsche Bike S topped out at 37.5 mph. Taking the corners at this speed was amazing. The bike handled so well. The steep run gave way to flat farm country with a 15 mph head wind. Last, we rode back through Chico to the finish. This was my first organized bike riding event as well as the debut of my Niello Porsche sponsored bike jerseys. I wore the black jersey for this first ride. I now have the confidence in this bike and my ability to begin the summer riding schedule I've outlined. Next is the 55 mile ride, the Gold Country Challenge, in Grass Valley California on May 14. This ride is a few miles shorter, but a lot more challenging due to the hilly course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...