Wednesday, September 21, 2016

3rd of 4 25 milers

This morning's ride was awesome. Literally the calm before the storm. 50 degree temps as the sun came up, which is warm for a Truckee morning. The wind was light as I rode the 13 miles to the west end of Donner Lake. Then a light western wind came up and pushed me back to Glenshire. I frequently ride by the Donner Memorial Park but rarely stop. This time I took a photo of my 1998 Porsche Bike S under the huge Donner Party monument. Today's ride is the third of four consecutive day 25 mile rides. I need to finish tomorrow morning even though it's supposed to be very cold. Four consecutive 25 milers, Friday rest day and a 40 mile ride on Saturday before a bunch of rest days just prior to the 100 mile Sacramento Century October 1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...