Thursday, November 30, 2017

Playing with my toys!

 
With the approaching winter, the outdoor running and riding has taken a backseat. I have been doing some garage stationary bike riding, but that's not much to report. I did however spend some time recently adding to my Porsche 1:64 scale collection. I've written about this before for the Porsche Club of America National website (story here). 

Yesterday a Porsche 956 Group C race car arrived from Japan (see below). I have well over a hundred 1:64 scale Porsche cars and SUVs now, including Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Spark, Aurora, Greenlight and others.

For fun, while drinking some wine, I grabbed some of my more favorite scale cars and took a few close up photos. I can't believe the detail on these tiny cars. The new 956 has to be a personal favorite, but the black Boxster and Carmona Red Cayenne (miniature versions of my actual Porsches) are also well-displayed on my all-Porsche bookshelf.

Today I ordered three 919 Hybrids, in 1:64 scale of course, from a Chinese distributor. I think I'll photograph those too when they arrive.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...