Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Porsche Votec Steve McQueen Edition bike?


What the heck is this!?! I was surfing eBay for Porsche bikes (which I do way too often) when I found this Porsche Bike FS for sale all the way from Budapest, Hungary. This Bike FS appears to be either a custom or limited run Votec made mountain bike with a Gulf/Steve McQueen livery. 

Translating the eBay listing from German to English it says: Used but in a good condition. See pictures. Paint has got traces of use but a protective layer.

I have never seen a Bike FS painted like this. But I continue to run into old Porsche bikes I was unaware of. The last one ended up being a custom paint job. This one I'm not so sure. I'll do some more research. But I'll say one thing, this is super cool!

Here are the spec from the eBay listing:

Seat tube: Votec
Brake: Magura Luisi
Handlebar: Votec alu
Suspension fork: Votec GS4
Crank: Shimano XT
Transmission: Shimano XT / 3x9-speed /
Chains: Shimano XT
Damper: Fox Float R
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Titanium Porsche Gulf Edition
Rims: Spengle Carbon Disc Brake 26 inch
Rubber: swallow nobby nic evo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...