Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Hot Wheels Gulf 917


It seems Hot Wheels is on a roll these days with new Porsche models. The latest this year is the Gulf Porsche 917 LH. The Porsche 917 LH is the long tail (Langheck in German) version of the famous Le Mans winning 917K (Kurzheck or short tail).

Hot Wheels produced a 917K some years ago and I have a #2 Gulf livery version. So when Hot Wheels announced a Gulf #18 917 LH delivering in 2018 I was stopping by Toys R Us weekly until it finally arrived.

The new 917 LH model is extremely cool. The shape and casting of this 1:64 scale race car is fantastic and period-accurate back to 1971 to the last detail. The rear wheel covers and long tail with rear wing are all there - features on the actual 1971 high-speed LH version. My only concern is the light blue and red/orange color from the Hot Wheels 917K to the 917 LH isn't consistent. The 917 LH is a little lighter. But I'm not complaining, I'm just happy companies are making so many 1:64 scale Porsches to add to my ever-growing collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...