Sunday, October 14, 2018

I will not be denied!

Thought I'd go for a nice cool autumn morning bike ride. But when I got out in the garage I found my rear tire flat.

WTF!!!

This is the third flat tire in a week and a half. I rode 20 miles last weekend without incident after I repaired the last flat tire. Then after sitting a week, the rear tire had no air. When I pumped it up, I could hear air escaping.

Putting the 2004 Porsche Bike X on the rack, I changed the flat to my last back up tube. I didn't see or feel anything stuck through the tire.

Once repaired, I took off intending to ride the 20 mile Baltimore Airport loop. Feeling good and the bike riding well I just knew something else was bound to happen. But instead of flat tire number four, it started to rain about mile 13. Then it rained on me the entire way back. Today's forecast: 0% chance of rain. Without the morning flat I would have completed the ride before the rain, so I know I was working against greater forces. Forces trying to toughen me up I suppose.

But I succeeded! Time to dry off the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...