Wednesday, January 20, 2021

2021 Great Allegheny Passage ride

Today I started the first pre-planning for my 2021 Great Allegheny Passage multi-day bike ride. My very first step is always to get the map up on the wall and place 'map pins' where I'm planning to start, stop and stay overnight. The GAP map is next to the C&O map from my three-day, 190-mile 2020 fall ride. In 2021, I'm hoping to ride the 150-mile GAP ride across two days, splitting the distance in half, staying overnight in Ohiopyle, PA. I'm intending to ride the 2004 Porsche Bike X, converted from a road bike back to a touring bike. The conversion was finished a couple months ago now. As soon as the weather begins to improve, I'll start training again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...