Friday, March 26, 2021

Longest ride of the year, so far

 

A very windy and very buggy 40 miles today on the 2004 Porsche bike X. With the weather warming to nearly 80° for the first time in 2021, I just knew I had to get out and go for a long ride. However, what worked against me was the high winds and lots of little flies. It was a weird combination of high gusts of wind, mixed in with little spells of no wind which was filled in by hundreds of little bugs, that I had to ride straight through on the trail.

The craziest part of the ride, was the high winds knocked over a tree across the trail just after I left that spot. I heard a very loud crash and I could tell it was a tree. It had fallen across the trail into some powerlines. I just kept riding down to my turnaround spot and when I came back I found the tree across the paved path.

Regardless of eating a few bugs and getting blown around, I had an incredible ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...