Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Testing new tires

Quick little 13-miler around the neighborhood testing the new Continental SpeedRide 700x42 tires. I like to ride around my house for a first ride to make sure I have installed the tires properly and didn't pinch the tubes. This was also the first ride for the new SKS Smart Explorer phone bag. Both the tires and phone bag are changes to the 2004 Porsche Bike X in preparation for the 340-mile C&O/GAP ride this fall. And both changes performed incredibly today. The SpeedRide tires are smooth and corner well. But I can tell there is enough grip for the dirt trails I'll be riding. Great weather and great little ride. I look forward to amping up the miles as the weather continues to improve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...