Monday, July 19, 2021

Saddle Switcharoo

I never make things easy with my Porsche Bikes. And this isn't the first time I've switched components on the bikes. I did a three-way tire change before. Today was a three-way bike seat swap.

I damaged the Ergon seat on the 1998 Porsche Bike S in my over-the-handlebars crash. To replace that, a buddy gave me (thank you!) a brand new and updated Ergon SM saddle. I really wanted to use this new gifted seat on the 2004 Porsche Bike X during the 340-mile C&O/GAP ride.

So, I installed the new seat on the Bike X, removing that saddle and installing it on the Bike S to replace the damaged seat.

All went well and looks great. I'm hoping to test the new Bike X saddle during a 20-mile ride tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...