Sunday, September 26, 2021

Bike X conversion

This morning I cleaned up both the 1998 Porsche Bike S and 2004 Bike X after the 340-mile C&O/GAP adventure. Both needed some deep cleaning, degreasing and lubing. After, I changed the Bike X back to "road mode" to participate in next Sunday's Lifeline 100 Century ride in my home Anne Arundel County. Four from the C&O/GAP Porsche Bike team are holding over to ride the 100 miles October 3. Since my Bike X was in "touring" mode, I felt I'd be at a disadvantage with the fatter tires and extra bike bags. So, I changed out to 700c x 28c Continental Gatorskin road tires, removed all the bags and lowered the handlebars. This is the same configuration I used for the Death Ride. The Bike X is very fast now. Looking forward to riding again this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...