Sunday, September 5, 2021

Lifeline100 ... after C&O/GAP

After meeting the Lifeline 100 organizer on the B&A bike trail two days ago, I wanted to ride the 100-mile event. He made it sound fun and challenging. But the bike ride event takes place a week after the 340-mile C&O/GAP. That's a little close, but at the same time, I won't be in any better shape in 2021!

So, I just signed up for the 100-mile Century ride that travels around my home county and runs along many of the trails I'm familiar with.

I'm planning to ride the 2004 Porsche Bike X and will need to convert it back from a dirt-path touring bike to a road bike. The C&O/GAP requires a gravel or cross bike configuration. The Lifeline 100 is a pure road bike event. I'll have fun swapping out the Continental gravel tires for Continental Gatorskin 700c x 28c tires immediately after the 340-mile ride.

This might seem a little ambitious. But could also be fun and another first for Porsche Bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...