Sunday, February 28, 2016

41 mile hilly ride on my Porsche Bike S

A new personal best on my Porsche Bike S. Today I rode 41.56 miles at an average speed of 11.6 miles per hour. To date, that's the longest and fastest ride I have achieved in western Nevada County in the foothills of California. I am still over ten miles shy of the distance I'll need to ride in early May on those same hills. The May 53 mile bike ride, hosted by the Grass Valley Rotary Club, is my spring target. This group ride is very challenging so I am training three to four days a week. I have prepared my 1998 Porsche Bike S mountain bike for long distance road riding by changing to road slick tires and a road bike seat. Next week I'll aim for 45 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...