Sunday, February 21, 2016

Side by side: 1998 and 1996 Porsche Bike S

This is the first photo of both my Porsche mountain bikes side by side. Both are the Porsche Bike S. From a glance they look the same. The bike on the right is the original 1996 Porsche Bike S. I've left this bike all original down to the last detail including the Sachs gearing. Since this was the first Bike S, I needed another to play with - who owns just one Porsche? The bike on the left is a 1998 version of the same bike. The frame and brakes are the same. The gearing was upgraded in 1998 though. I changed the tires to the Continental SportContact road tires for faster riding on streets. Both bikes have German made Continental tires to match the original spec. Although I bought the 1996 first, I've been riding the 1998 bike more often - leaving the '96 in excellent shape. Both bikes look great next to the Boxster and Cayenne in the garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...