Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gold Country Challenge completed!

I just finished the 54 mile Gold Country Challenge bike ride on my 1998 Porsche Bike S mountain bike. The challenging ride covered most for western Nevada County (in California) and included about 4,500’ of climbing. With the recent wet winter, the hills were green and wild flowers were everywhere.

The ride started and finished at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. The fellow riders were friendly and food plentiful. I completed all 54 miles, with the bike and body preforming quite well - but my legs are sore!

Fellow Porsche Club of America and local Porsche Owners Group members saw me off at the start and dropped in along the course. One good friend even brought me a green tea smoothie at the lunch stop.

This was ride number two for the summer with two more coming up - Lake Tahoe 72 mile in September and Sacramento 100 mile in October. Today went well enough, I believe I'm ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...