Thursday, May 26, 2016

Porsche Bike S in Truckee

Let the high elevation training begin! I moved to Truckee, CA this week. It seemed fitting to unpack my 1996 Porsche Bike S and go for a little ride. My new home is only a quarter mile from a paved path system so I rode down and toward downtown Truckee. The ride was a short 11 mile round trip but with a thunder storm coming, I thought it smart to turn around. The Legacy Trail through Truckee is absolutely beautiful. It follows the Truckee River and is a safe and quiet place to ride. I never had it this good in Western Nevada County. My plan is to begin serious high elevation training on my 1998 Porsche Bike S next week and I am aiming for a September 72 mile ride around Lake Tahoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...