Friday, June 17, 2016

Another Porsche Bike S personal best on the Truckee Legacy Trail

I just completed another quick 12-mile ride along the amazing Truckee River Legacy Trail. I rode my best time to date, averaging 15.3 mph. Not bad on a 1998 Porsche Bike S mountain bike considering I had a 20 mph headwind for six miles and had to dodge kids, dogs, cars, frisbees and women holding hands. I love riding this bike flat out on the smooth, hilly, windy and narrow paved path. It feels like the biking version of the Nordschleife. I know I can beat this time. On a warmer morning, I'll go out super early before all the cars and people and go for a record!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...