Sunday, June 19, 2016

Porsche Bike S to Lake Tahoe

I could think of no better way to celebrate Porsche's 18 Le Mans victory and Father's Day than riding my 1998 Porsche Bike S to Lake Tahoe. I followed the Truckee River 20 miles upstream from my home in Glenshire to beautiful Lake Tahoe. The ride started on the Truckee River Legacy Trail before riding through downtown Truckee then south on highway 89. At Squaw Valley I jumped back on a paved path that took me to Tahoe City. Considering it's Father Day I didn't see many other dads out there riding. I did notice a few fishing on the river though. The return 20 miles were downstream and a fun downhill ride. I love riding this bike. My legs and lungs are getting stronger. The total 41 miles took two hours and 45 minutes averaging 14.9 miles per hour. I'll keep training around Truckee as I am hoping to ride 72 miles around Lake Tahoe in September on my Porsche Bike S.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...