Monday, June 6, 2016

Porsche Bike S vs. Pine Pollen

I lung-busted a 14.8 mph, 12-mile bike ride on my 1998 Porsche Bike S - through what looked like a yellow fog. Yes, it is pine pollen season again in Truckee, CA. After the wet winter, this year's yellow mess is particularly bad. As I bombed along the paved Legacy Trail along the tree strewn Truckee River I could feel my traction giving way as my slick tires fought for grip through the yellow dust. Looking over the handle bars, the front tire looked like a yellow-green tennis ball. A couple times I thought I was going to eat it. I should have brought my 1996 Porsche Bike S with the studded mountain bike tires. All in all, this was my fastest ride along the Legacy Trail. I bombed the downhills and killed the uphills. But when I got home I was coughing up what looked like yellow smoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...