Tuesday, October 4, 2016

End of the road for the 1998 Porsche Bike S adventure

Saturday's Sacramento 100 Mile Century ride marks the end of my year long Porsche Bike S journey. And with the end of my riding, comes the end of this blog.

I rode a total of 2473 miles in that timeframe and shared almost every mile on this blog. People from all over the world have visited this site in the last year. This blog was also referenced on other websites as an expert in Porsche bikes. I have been honored to bring a little knowledge about the Porsche Bike S to the world. I intend to leave this site active to tell the story about my year long journey for years to come. But I won't be posting - that part of the Bike S story is now completed. Time to move on to the next Porsche adventure.

I would like to thank Niello Porsche in Rocklin, California for sponsoring me and my riding. And thank Damon Lowney for running my stories in the Porsche Club of America weekly e-newsletter.

Who knows, maybe next year I'll ride a new Porsche bike on the Death Ride and have to start an entirely new blog.

Jim Hemig, signing off.
Safe riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...