Thursday, October 20, 2016

I'M BACK!!!!!


Who am I kidding? I can't stop cycling! I'm back on a Porsche bike and ready for the next challenge!

I just found a 2004 Porsche Bike X in Germany that I intend to ride in the 2017 125-mile Death Ride in the South Lake Tahoe area.

I just ordered the bike from a super nice gentlemen in Germany. He is an automobile bicycle collector and has all the original brochures. He is very knowledge about Porsche bikes and provided me with all sorts of new information to share through this blog!

The Porsche Bike X is ultra rare. Never sold in the United States. Only in Germany. The Bike X is made by the German bicycle company Storck

My 1998 Bike S was commissioned by Porsche and built by Votec. The Bike S was 100% mountain bike and this Bike X is more of a road bike with front shocks. The Bike X has more gears, bigger rims/tires, thinner frame and updated shifting.

I paid for the bike today and hope it will arrive by the end of the month. Shipping from Germany takes time. My goal is to go over the bike thoroughly this winter and begin riding up the many Tahoe mountains in the spring.

2004 Porsche Bike X

Frame height 57 cm 
28 inches 
Ideal for all 170-195 cm 
Shimano 27 speed 
Adjustable VDO Syntace stem 
Sprung seat post 
Racks and fenders are available 
Color: Black 
Frame: Aluminium 
Size: L 57 cm 
Fork: Insync Odesa 
Crank: Truvativ Firex Team Switches
Workshop: Shimano XT
Brake: Shimano Deore
Tyres: Continental 
Stem: Syntace VRO ecolite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...