Thursday, November 17, 2016

Porsche Bike X arrived

This afternoon a box from Germany arrived containing a 2004 Porsche Bike X. It was disassembled into many components for shipping across the globe. It didn't take me long to unpack and reassemble and take for a first spin around the driveway.

The Porsche Bike X is an extremely rare bicycle. In all my Porsche research, I have only run across this bike twice - both on the German eBay site. One of the Bike X for sale said only 250 bikes were made. I don't know if that's a fact, but I wouldn't be surprised since finding one is so rare.

The Porsche Bike X is a hybrid bike. It's part road bike and part mountain bike. It's built for touring or trekking - long distance cycling. My plan is to convert this Bike X closer to a road bike, with all German components, and ride it in the 2017 125-mile Death Ride next July.

Just as I shared my 1998 Porsche Bike S 100-mile riding adventure over the last year, I plan to post updates on my new bike and my new goal.

Follow along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...