Friday, November 18, 2016

Porsche Bike X shakedown ride

Today I took the 2004 Porsche Bike X for it's first shakedown test ride after re-assembling it from the long trip from Germany to California. I rode a fun and uneventful 25 miles. The Bike X performed wonderfully. It was a huge contrast to the Bike S but I got used to get quickly. I rode along the Truckee River bike path out to Donner Lake and back. It was 45-50 degrees. Rather chilly but the sun helped. I didn't push my pace, just trying out the brakes, steering and gears for the first time. When I got home I cleaned up the bike. It looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...