Monday, October 23, 2017

Autumn Porsche Bike S ride

The weather was so amazing this afternoon I just had to take the 1998 Porsche Bike S for a spin along the Truckee River Legacy Trail. Bright sun, mid 60s, no wind and fall colors made this a great little ride. I cleaned up the Bike S after the Flume Trail ride and it looked great.

My ride performance wasn't that great this time because I stopped and talked to a couple friends for 20 minutes. But the Bike S still rides great!

Tomorrow I'm back at the track with the Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes.


2 comments:

  1. I just wrote 400 words and Google account deleted it all. I have a 1998 Bike S. At the shop getting all new elastomers, tires, brakes, etc. Have ridden well over 10k miles. Single track, forest roads, chip seal, concrete, etc. Several rides across Iowa, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Waiting to see what a renovated bike feels like. Thanks for your posts since there's not much out there on these bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gary, sorry Google deleted your post! 10k is a lot of miles! I'm impressed your elastomers made it that long. I'm rebuilding my second Bike S next month. Where do you live? We should ride some time!

    ReplyDelete

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...