Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year’s run

Taking a New Year's morning run used to be a tradition. But I haven't done it in years. Since I am setting a goal for myself to run a half marathon at Boston Marathon qualifying speed by the end of this year, I decided to start the year out strong with an easy 5 miles. Nothing spectacular today, but this was my longest run in a long time. I took it slow and easy, but it felt really good.

Maryland is sure gloomy this time of year. There are no leaves in the trees and the skies are all cloudy. However today was almost 60° and a light wind. Felt awesome to run in.

I'm feeling good about my chances this year, but I have a long ways to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...