Thursday, August 6, 2020

Continental Double Fighter III arrived

The Continental Double Fighter III 26x1.9 tires arrived today. I wasted no time swapping these out on the 1998 Porsche Bike S. My goal is to ride these on the 184.5 mile C&O Towpath this fall. The Double Fighter III has a textured center section for smooth rolling and aggressive shoulder lugs providing the right tracking bite when needed. These tires will be perfect for the generally smooth but gravel/dirt C&O Canal Tow Path. Continental tires were also the original manufacturer on the 1990s Porsche bicycles.

Here's the tire testing plan, weather permitting: I'll do a short test ride around my neighborhood park tomorrow. A little longer test ride Saturday and a long ride on Sunday. I hope the new tires and tubes work as well as the last set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...