Friday, August 7, 2020

Continental Double Fighter III first test


Rode a few miles around the house for a short first test of the Continental Double Fighter III tires I installed last night. First impression is WOW they are smooth! Compared to the Continental Race Kings I was riding, these have much less rolling resistance, which was the goal. Riding the 184.5 mile C&O this fall, the less resistance will be noticeable across those many miles. 

My plan was to do the early training on the Race Kings making it as hard on myself as possible, then switch to the Double Fighters for the last couple months of really long training rides, one of which is this Sunday, weather permitting.

I don't like changing tires and then going out far from home. Did that before and got a flat. Not fun. So I change the tires, do a shorter ride around the house, and check everything. Then tomorrow a little longer ride around the house but not too far. And if the tires and new tubes hold up, I'm hoping for 70 miles on the C&O from DC to White's Ferry and back on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...