Saturday, August 21, 2021

1998 Bike S pedal woes

The 1998 Porsche Bike S is getting a little worn out. I have ridden this bike thousands of miles and routinely have had to replace parts. I try to find original parts. In many cases I can. On my last ride on this Bike S, I found I'm missing two chainring bolts. Those may have been ejected when I crashed a couple months ago.  I couldn't find original bolts, so I ordered aftermarket and should arrive later next week. But on that same ride, one of the pedals started seizing up. Taking the pedal apart, the small bearings fell out. So those pedals are toast. Looking online, I can't find anyone still selling original 1990s Porsche Bike pedals. I could take the pedals off my still all-original and in pristine condition 1996 Bike S, but I want to leave that in original condition. So instead, I just ordered Crankbrothers Stamp 1 flat pedals in red. Crankbrothers products are all over the latest generation of Porsche bicycles, so I figured that is OEM equipment on Porsche Bikes. I also thought the red color would look good on the Guards Red Bike S and match the red OEM Sachs grip shifters I added to this bike. I can't wait to try this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...