Monday, August 29, 2016

1st of 3 Porsche Bike S 25-mile rides completed

In preparation for the Tour De Tahoe 72-mile ride around the beautiful Lake Tahoe September 11, I decided to taper down the next two weeks with some shorter rides. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I will ride 25 challenging miles which will equal the Tour De Tahoe distance over three days. Then I'll take two days off and ride an easy 30 miles this weekend. Next week will mostly be shorter rides to keep the legs loose.

Now here is the awful part. Last night when I rode over a big bump, the Porsche crest flew off the bike! Yes, I am heart broken. I heard the metal emblem hit the bike frame. At first I though a rock flew up from the tire and hit the frame. Happens all the time. But when I got home, I found the Porsche crest missing! I drove back to the same spot in my Cayenne and looked around with a flash light with no success. I plan to retrace my pedaling tonight, riding my 2nd of 3 25-mile rides and see if I can find it.

A Porsche without a Porsche crest isn't a good thing to a Porsche enthusiast. So, I already have a back up factory made crest ready for mounting - if I can't find the original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...