Saturday, August 20, 2016

New personal best on the Porsche Bike S

I covered 60.76 miles on high Sierra roads around Truckee and Tahoe this morning. A new personal longest ride to date. I rode the Truckee/Tahoe triangle with an additional out-and-back to Homewood to achieve 60 miles. I started in Glenshire, rode over the steep climb to Brockway Summit. Then the steep downhill to Kings Beach. From Kings Beach, I rode along Lake Tahoe to Tahoe City. Then the extension to Homewood and then back to Tahoe City. From Tahoe City I followed highway 89 back through Truckee and to Glenshire. I burned over 2,900 calories! I think I'm ready to ride the 72 miles around Lake Tahoe on September 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...