Tuesday, August 2, 2016

50

50. No, not 50 miles. 50 years old. Today I achieved the half century mark. I wanted to ride 50 miles on this occasion, but alas, I've got a busy schedule today. So I rode the 24 mile Donner Lake loop. I knew this was coming, that's why I rode 50 plus miles over the weekend. Regardless, a great ride this morning and couldn't think of a better way to start the next 50 years than to ride my Porsche Bike S on a clear, windless and chilly Truckee morning. I've now covered nearly 1,600 miles with this rare bicycle. I plan to ride another 24-25 miles both tomorrow and Thursday mornings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...