Sunday, September 16, 2018

Bike X BWI 20 miles

I decided to bypass a run today in favor of a bike ride. I haven't ridden any of the Porsche bicycles since moving to Maryland. Instead I've been running with Porsche Design shoes.

Studying the iPhone map it looked like pedaling around the Baltimore airport would be a good 20 mile ride. Since I haven't ridden in a while and my legs are still sore from running the last few days, 20 miles is a perfect distance.

I selected the 2004 Porsche Bike X road bike for the ride. I started from the house under cloudy skies and a slight breeze on backroads toward the airport. Once connecting to the BWI airport bike path, I was pleasantly surprised on what a great bike path it was. The path was a combination of along the roadside and through open fields and dense forest. The path pavement was in good condition too. Other people were riding it. I could tell this is a popular bike path.

I ended up with the 20 miles but ride before I got home I picked up a piece glass in the back tire and got a flat. At least it was close to home. These tires made it through all of the Death Ride training and the Death Ride itself. I guess this is a sign I need new tires and tubes!

This ride was so awesome I want to do it again this next weekend. But first I need to replace the tires and tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...