Tuesday, September 18, 2018

New tire size for the Bike X

After Sunday's flat tire I'm changing the tires and tubes on the 2004 Porsche X. I haven't worked on this bike in a while. With the flat I've had an opportunity to try something different.

I was running 700c x 28mm Continental Gatorskin tires on the front and back on the Bike X. With the flat forcing a tire change I wanted to try out a different combination.

Stopping by the local bike shop today, I bought a Continental Gatorskin 700c x 25mm tire and decided to install that in the front and move the remaining 700c x 28mm to the back.

I've been reading on bicycle forums that having a larger tire in the back supports the larger weight and narrower in the front provides better cornering responsiveness. So with this flat I just changed my tires to try this new configuration.

I'll finish the install tonight and try out the new tire set up Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...