Thursday, November 4, 2021

Amazing 1996 Bike S build

A new Porsche Bike friend just emailed me these images and specs to an amazing 1996 Porsche Bike build. Replacing the original Sachs shifting, gears and detailers with more modern SRAM components ... an exact path I'm considering for my 1998 Bike S. I have had others mention this same desire. This Bike S build looks fantastic! So here are some photos and the parts purchased and installed:

1996 Size L Porsche Bike S
Gifted in 2020 from a family member in Whidbey Island, WA - a Porsche enthusiast who was the original owner.
Original other than noted:
Swapped the Sachs Neos derailleurs/gripshift. Removed 42t front ring for 2x setup.

SRAM X4 8spd trigger shifter
SRAM X.4 1:1 rear derailleur
SRAM PG850 11-32 cassette (2teeth more than stock)
KMC Z8.1 chain

Shimano XT front derailleur
Shimano XT SL-M780 shifter

Red chainring bolts/valve caps.
ODI Rogue grips
Bontrager Ti saddle

Wellgo MG-1 magnesium pedals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...