Friday, November 19, 2021

Getting colder

I switch from cycling to running in the winter because it's just too cold to bike. Running is slower and my body generates more heat. So running for me is easier in the colder temperatures. Today was a good example of that. With windchill near 40, I would have froze on one of my Porsche Bikes. But running with winter running gear on, and my Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes, wasn't too bad. It's not cold enough for a beanie and gloves yet, so it was a nice run despite the wind. Today's four miles around my neighborhood marks the beginning of when the park is "all mine" as the colder weather scares away most everyone else. It's quiet and peaceful. I had a good run at a decent pace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...