Saturday, November 20, 2021

Bike X full road bike?

I am contemplating fully changing the 2004 Porsche Bike X into a road bike. After the 360-mile C&O/GAP ride in "touring" mode, I switched the Bike X back to "road bike" mode for more paved cycling. But the straight handlebars always leaves the bike in a more touring or commuter bike stance. If I switch to drop handlebars, that would fully convert the Bike X into a road bike. I am looking at the Syntace Racelite 7075 31.8 aluminum handlebars in a 46cm size. 

Aluminum Syntace bars would leave the Bike X as stock as possible, since my current stock straight bars are also aluminum and Syntace brand. I will need bar tape, new shifters and brakes including cables. Sounds like a fun winter project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...