Thursday, December 21, 2017

919 Hybrid LMP1 in 1:64 scale

I added a few more 1:64 scale Porsches to my collection this week. Maybe the technology to produce these small cars is improving or maybe Porsche has eased up on the licensing, but it seems like more and more scale Porsches are hitting the market. It is getting harder for me to keep up buying all the 1:64 Porsches!

Spark, a Japanese scale model company, produced an amazing line of LMP1 race cars from the last few years in the World Endurance Championship. They made Audi, Nissan and of course the Porsche LMP1 cars. The models that caught my eye were the three Porsche 919 Hybrids from the 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans. Porsche had entered three 919s in three different color liveries - white, black and red. 

I thought these three cars looked amazing driving around Le Mans. The white car (#19) won the race. So when Spark created these 1:64 scale versions of all three liveries, I purchased them on eBay as quick as I could. 

I also found a MAN trailer truck with the Porsche Motorsport logo for sale at Toys R Us. This truck came with two 911 GT3s that are inside the truck in the photo above. Majorette, a French scale model company, released this set just this winter in the USA.

I think the truck and 919 combination looks awesome. Just like the full-size versions!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...