Monday, December 25, 2017

Starting my next Porsche Bike S suspension fork rebuild project

It's time to rebuild another set of Bike S suspension forks. 

The forks on the 1996 Porsche Bike S finally started to compress without rebounding. My 1998 Bike S failed first. I rebuilt those a couple years ago. Now it's time for the 1996 bike. 

I am amazed these 20 year old elastomer forks have lasted this long!

So the first thing I do prior to rebuilding a Bike S fork is to order a new elastomer refresh kit from the online company, Suspension Fork Parts (link below).

This company is the only place I've found to purchase these rare elastomers. Without this company, I am not sure what I'd do. And I'm not the only person counting on them to keep our old bikes rolling. 

Once the rebuilt kit arrives, I'll take photos of the rebuild process again. I'll try to add more detail to the rebuild steps than I did last time. 

More soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...